Re: The puzzle of Adam

From: <RFaussette@aol.com>
Date: Thu Dec 09 2004 - 07:44:02 EST

Dave wrote:
There is a major problem in Ham's statement. He confuses science with philosophy and theology. Science has to be empirically checkable or tied to that which is thus testable.

rich:
I spoke of Ken Ham's concern as being appropriate and it is.

Dave wrote:
Morality is not determinable empirically.

rich:
Let's talk about that. I think the measure of morality in a society CAN be determined empirically. If you're talking Biblical morality, consider Genesis 9:7 which reads, “you must be fruitful and increase..."
If we take that Biblical injunction at face value, then the measure of our morality is a measure of our birth rates. Since our birth rates are dropping and the cultural elite are importing immigrants to fill our vacant niches, then I suggest it is easy to measure morality by considering our willingness to replace ourselves with children. Another measure of morality is the prevalence of STDs in the Christian population which demonstrates our adherence to what are essentially "purity" laws in Leviticus.

Why don't these "measurables" occur to you? Why might you think they are invalid?

rich