Re: The wee people

From: jack syme <drsyme@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sat Oct 30 2004 - 21:47:45 EDT

Message"The brain mass for LB1, calculated from its volume26, is 433.2 g; this gives an encephalization quotient (EQ) range of 2.5-4.6, which compares with 5.8-8.1 for H. sapiens, "

But as you said, this EQ is lower than that of dolphins.

If you look at dolphin brains vs human, you will notice that the dolphin has enlargements in the temporal-parietal areas, where human brains have enlargements in frontal areas. This seems clear that the dolphin brain is enlarged in this area for echolocution, which is localized in the temporal-parietal areas. And the frontal lobes are for, for the lack of a better term, forsight.

So, are we going to localize spirituality to frontal lobes?