Re: Response to Moorad and Dr. Jack

From: jack syme <drsyme@cablespeed.com>
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 02:16:08 EDT

And of course there are cases of Christian Scientists who dont take their
kids to see the doctor, and pray over their child's illness, (because all
illness is a result of sin after all,) who later dies of a treatable
infectious disease.

There are many inexplicable, and anomalous cases that may or may not be
associated with prayer.

 I do have one interesting story. I am a neurologist. I was seeing a
patient after a cardiac bypass procedure, during which he suffered from
anoxic brain injury, that left him unresponsive. And he did not come around
for a couple of months. He remained in a vegetative state, until Easter
Sunday, when I went into his room and said hello, and he said hello back!
This was the first response of any verbal kind for months. I think it is a
conicidence of course, but the family was praying for him all along as I
understand it, and they considerd it a miracle, and I agree that it was not
what was expected, and if nothing else is an "outlier". ;)