Re: Happy Birthday Universe

From: gordon brown <gbrown@euclid.colorado.edu>
Date: Fri Oct 22 2004 - 12:33:55 EDT

Maybe someone out there can verify this one way or the other. I was
recently told that Ussher's (or was it Lightfoot's) October date was by
the Julian calendar, which was still in use in Britain in his day. The
date was supposed to be the autumnal equinox. If so, the true anniversary
was about a month ago.

Gordon Brown
Department of Mathematics
University of Colorado