World Oil Supply

From: Al Koop <koopa@gvsu.edu>
Date: Mon Oct 18 2004 - 17:19:52 EDT

At the website

http://www.odac-info.org/

there is an article you can click on from a German think-tank that
critiques the reports of the USGS, the EIA, and IEA concerning world oil
supply. It is quite thorough and consists of 18 pages plus 4 pages of
bibliography.

According to this paper the world has discovered 42,000 oil fields, of
which 400 have produced 75% of the oil. They do not think we are going
to find many more fields of the size of these 400, and with many of
these 400 now showing a depletion in production they think we are not
far from the world peak oil supply.

In short, they do not believe that the world oil supply can increase
much above the 30 billion barrels per year we are exracting now.