Re: missing communication: Schroedinger and abortion

From: <jwburgeson@juno.com>
Date: Mon Oct 18 2004 - 12:01:38 EDT

Terry wrote, in part:

"I see the fundamental claims of Christianity to be two--1) God became
a human being in Jesus Christ and 2) His life, death on the cross,
and resurrection on the third day accomplished a reconciliation
between God and man that is received by faith in Jesus Christ.
Especially with respect to #1--either God did that or He did not. The
claims of Christianity and the teaching of scripture are either true
or not on this point."

So far, more or less agreement. I might word it differently, but OK for
now.

"Yet it is this central claim that is so exclusive--excluding Judaism,
Islam, Hinduism, other Eastern religious, and, as far as I can tell, most
forms of process theology."

Here I have some reservations. Yes, assuming the claims above are true,
and I believe they are, some parts of those other religions cannot be
true.

It does not follow, of course, that all adherents to any of them, or even
most adherents to them, are necessarily going to miss out on eternal life
with God.
That decision is not ours to make.

Burgy

              www.burgy.50megs.com