RE: new abortion quiz

From: Cameron, Leslie <lcameron@apa.org>
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 10:42:37 EDT

I agree that how one feels about the issue (partisanship) can affect what you find. But the other issue is the strength of the methodology and design, and that is a critical one. There is lots and lots of reported research out there, but these reports vary a lot in terms of strength of design, as you know. I'd be interested in the sources you found on both sides (either posted to the whole list or directly to me, as you prefer).

I know several women who have had abortions, and tho they have varying feelings, I don't think any of them would have made a different decision, looking back now. That of course addresses only the issue of the response of the woman, not the other issues raised. But I believe that the reports of "postabortion stress syndrome" are not accurate for the most part, and tho some individual women feel they would go back and make a different decision, others do not feel that way.