Astronomers know how to let go and swim in infinite space

From: ed babinski <ed.babinski@furman.edu>
Date: Sat Oct 09 2004 - 20:34:18 EDT

>"Glenn Morton" <glennmorton@entouch.net> writes:
>Ed, I see no reason to engage an atheist

Glenn (and Howard, addressed next paragraph), You know I'm not an atheist,
but a critical rationalist. I have my own private religious hopes. I do
not follow the via positiva, I follow the via negativa. I also don't
exult in miracles or proofs of my hopes. I am more "Eastern" in the
things that move me, in the inexpressible moments of life.

Oh, and if your debate is "internal," then why do you continue baiting
Howard on a public forum, and treating him like he doesn't have his own
inexpressible reasons for finding the Bible and Christianity to his
liking? You still seem to want to put the Bible above doubt, proving it
beyond a reasonable doubt, like arguing for a "genuine Noah's Flood" (in
the Mediterranean). The difference between Howard and you is that you
feel you need something more solid to "hold on to." But this cosmos swims
in infinite space, so maybe Howard, being an astronomer, has learned how
to "let go" a bit more than you have.
Cheers, Ed