Re: What made America better off as a nation?

From: M. Spence <mspence01@comcast.net>
Date: Sat Oct 09 2004 - 05:21:33 EDT

Please keep your anti-Christian, revisionist history rantings off of
this list, it is not on topic nor particularly insightful. The only
thing that would have made your screed more cliched would be to toss in
the Inquisition or Crusades.
--DAS

ed babinski wrote (and wrote and wrote, or more likely just largely
copied and pasted from some arrogant atheist site):

>Innovatia <dennis@innovatia.com> writes:
>

>>We are better off because of the past history of righteousness and
>>upholding of Jesus as Lord in America
>>

>.
>

>ED: What would a "righteous Jesus Lordly America" be like by the way? How
>different from Calvin's Geneva at the height of it's intolerance? Or how
>different from an Early American Puritan town (the Puritans got to
>American only to start anathematizing each other and splintering into
>different denominations, banishing those with different views, and hanging
>others). Or how different from a Wahabist Muslim state like Iran?
>
>By the way, the Southern States in the U.S. were the more "Christian" ones
>during the Civil War, they even rewrote their Constitution to invoke
>"God," and preachers declared the South the "new chosen nation of God,"
>and they cried the loudest for secession. Apparently God couldn't hold
>that new "God-invoking" nation together.

etc. etc. clipped