Architects of Fear: science, Christianity, and the world-system

From: Innovatia <dennis@innovatia.com>
Date: Fri Oct 08 2004 - 15:41:39 EDT

From: "ed babinski" <ed.babinski@furman.edu>
Subject: Good anti-conspiracy book, Architects of Fear

> Architects of Fear by George Johnson:
>
> http://www.santafe.edu/~johnson/architects.html

This book is interesting in that it does relate to science/Christianity
issues. The writer dealing with world-system issues from a scientific
background, issues which are emminently religious in nature. How do
scientists do in relating to the biblical issue of the world-system? My
comments on this and how he does follow.

We now live in a time when both those in power and their detractors carry on
an extensive propaganda and deceit battle with each other. The hardest
aspect of getting at the truth about 20th century political history (which
is sufficient to support my claims) is to actually dig in and do the
scholarly study that scholars are capable of doing. The few quotes from
people in power in my previous email should at least suggest that more goes
on behind the scenes than is popuarly known. Some people, like Prime
Minister Disraeli, have come right out and said it. Even Hillary Clinton has
told the American public that there is a vast conspiracy ("a vast,
right-wing conspiracy") going on. It is the usual way politics is done for
the same reason companies do not let their competitors in on their product
developments.

One of the fastest ways the unwitting are thrown off-track in pursuit of the
truth is to become hung up over "conspiracy" by becoming desensitized to the
secretive machinations of the powerful (most of which the ardent can find
out about anyway, though not from mainstream media news) or oversensitized
to pathological behavors of extreme dissidents. (Jack Welch's organization,
the John Birch Society, irrespective of some of its proponents and also of
Johnson's attribution to it, is a useful source of information about the
NWO. Looks like Johnson fell for the intense campaign against the JBS in the
'50s and '60s by the Establishment.) Looks like he, a science writer (!) at
that, also fell for the inane physics of Arlen Specter's lone-gunman theory
that the Warren Commission used to cover up the assassination. Investigative
reporting such as Pat Shannon's interview with Lyndon Johnson's mistress
reveals much inded, corroborated by New Orleans District Attorney Garrison's
investigation, along with other credible sources. (Oliver Stone's JFK movie,
much maligned by the Establishment, stands on much more solid evidential
ground than the Establishment version of the event.)

I have not read this book except for the intro on the Web. Maybe it provides
a service in culling out the dissident cranks and nutcases. Or maybe it is
Establishment disinformation, telling people in so many words not to be
alarmed by the possibility that their Leaders might be more sinister than
they suppose, merely because extremists say what they do. I don't get any
hint in the intro that Johnson has done any deep digging into the System
itself. His seems to be more of a sociological study. (I get through and
beyond that in the first section of my book.) The index of Johnson's book
strongly suggests to me that he doesn't go much beyond sociological
surveying and philosophizing about historiography.

My book recommendation (besides my own) is Carroll Quigley's Tragedy and
Hope, a classic on 20th-century political history, but written by an
Insider. It is not what is taught in the schools, not even a simplified
version of it. Clinton mentioned Quigley, former prof. at Geo. Washington U.
in DC, in his Demo convention speech where he was nominated as presidential
candidate. In his book, Quigley agrees with the aims of the New World Order,
only disagrees with them in that he believed the NWO would be better
advanced by being more open with the public. The book did not go to a second
printing; the plates were mysteriously destroyed. The book has been
reprinted by other than the publisher.

Dennis Feucht