On Bradford's defense of Vernon's gematria hypotheses

From: ed babinski <ed.babinski@furman.edu>
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 21:43:55 EDT

Thanks Bradford,

For

1) distinguishing between the literal Genesis and flood geology
conclusions that Vernon has tired to draw, based on his numerological
claims.

2) agreeing that there are different types of gematric values depending on
the version of gematria one employs.

Further Important Questions:

a) Can anyone provide a literal translation of the first seven words of
Genesis? Do those seven words by themselves constitute a completed
thought or do they appear to constitute an incomplete thought or
incomplete sentence?

b) Does anyone have access to the earliest known written manuscripts that
contain the first few words of Genesis?

c) If Genesis was first composed over a thousand years B.C. (mainstream
historians would probably suggest that the final edited version of Genesis
arose around 600 B.C.), then does anyone know of any books or
archeologists who can tell us what variants in Hebrew spelling have been
found as far back as 1000 to 600 B.C., such as ancient Hebrew words found
on ancient archeological artifacts, compared with their modern
equivalents? In other words, what types of known spelling changes have
been documented from the time Genesis was believed to have been first
written to the time Vernon came up with his gematric calculations based on
the spellings of the first seven words?

d) Would someone be willing to perform a wide comparative study of phrases
that begin other "holy" books, both ancient ad modern, and study their
gematric values and compare those gematric values with a wide range of
numbers commonly found in both simple and complex mathematical equations?

Cheers,

Ed