Re: So we're all related!

From: gordon brown <gbrown@euclid.colorado.edu>
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 18:50:31 EDT

Vernon,

Noah was a preacher of righteousness (II Peter 2:5). God called him to do
this. Presumably this was to warn his wicked neighbors of impending
judgment. He would have been unfaithful to his calling if he had gone to
some location where there was no one who needed to be warned.

The Flood was not the usual local flood. When we say local, what we really
mean is that it was not global. Its magnitude was far beyond any
subsequent flood, and so God has not broken His promise.

Gordon Brown
Department of Mathematics
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309-0395