RE: Oil potpourri-Mistake

From: Glenn Morton <glennmorton@entouch.net>
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 22:13:39 EDT

 It gives the govt more control. But
> for whatever reason, there is no concerted effort to replace
> oil because the Anglo-American Power Elite still have too
> much of a vested interest in oil. John D. Rockefeller Sr.
> said "Competition is a sin." The Bush faction, for instance,
> is heavily into oil.

I always find these sentiments quite amazing and fascinating. I think
y'all think we have more power than we actually do. Clinton, not into
oil, didn't do anything to solve the problem either and neither will
Kerry. The total distrust of the oil industry seems way out of
proportion to what we are actually like.