Re: smallest planet to date found

From: <pcjones5@comcast.net>
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 16:30:56 EDT

I have a 5" fluorite refractor (Takahashi) with a focal length of 1,040mm. The
article mentioned a 4" refractor picked up the dimming of the star. Since the
planet orbits the star at 9.5 days (according to article I read), I should be
able to look at the star over the course of a week and see the dimming. I'll try
looking at it with the naked eye to see I can observe the dimming.

I'll check with my chart software tonight to see what the magnitude is.
Obviously, the magnitude is not a constant, so my software will be correct for
only one or two days of the week. ;-)

-Phil