Re: Seely's Views 2

From: Jan de Koning <jan@dekoning.ca>
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 22:23:53 EDT

At 08:48 AM 22/08/2004 -0400, Dawsonzhu@aol.com wrote:

>Jan Dekoning wrote:
>

>>What do you consider to be "truth"?
>

>This is of course a faith statement, but I take Gen 1:1 at face value:
>both historically true, theologically true. I cannot prove that it
>is true by an experiment or showing His "Intel inside" stamp marked
>all over the creation, but as far as one can be persuaded that 1
>is greater than zero, I cannot see any reason to why anyone
>should deny that God created the heavens and the earth (and a lot
>more for that matter). It is a metaphysical statement, and like
>such statements, they are difficult to make much progress on
>beyond what one ultimately things is the truth.

Nobody who is a member of the ASA denies that God created heaven and earth,
which makes this discussion a very strange one. At best we disagree about
the way God created. So because of that I feel like saying: "Why all the
fireworks?"
We are busy installing ourselves in our new surrounding, so don't expect a
reply to whatever is said about this subject again.

Jan de Koning