Kerry and Yucca

From: Kenneth Piers <Pier@calvin.edu>
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 12:01:04 EDT

Kerry has been known to say that he supports the expansion of nuclear energy.
At the same time he has come out against the development of Yucca mountain as a
more permanent repository for spent nuclear fuel. I am having trouble
understanding how these two positions fit with one another. Has anyone heard
Kerry say what he plans to do with the spent fuel generated by our nuclear
power plants?
ken

Ken Piers

"Everything should be as simple as possible - but not simpler." A. Einstein