Re: A Third Method of Apology

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Sun Aug 08 2004 - 13:30:31 EDT

Why in the world does apologetics have to focus on Genesis 1 - 11? Of course if people ask about it there's a need to address it, but that isn't where we have to start.
For a better way - or at least a "fourth way" - see my article in PSCF a few years ago, http://www.asa3.or/ASA/PSCF/2000/PSCF9-00Murphy.html.

Besides, the description below of the "liberal" method of interpretation (where I suppose people would try to group me) is inaccurate at several points. (E.g., why would a "liberal" use the NIV, which waffles with its rendition of raqia` as "expanse"?)

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/