RE: Genesis 1:1 - a standing miracle

From: Glenn Morton <glennmorton@entouch.net>
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 06:47:29 EDT

 DW : Overwhelming scientific evidence compels us to conclude the world
is much older than 10,000 years.

VJ: If the evidence is indeed as rock-solid as you suggest then why do
many reputable scientists continue to think otherwise?

Vernon, I guess it is time to point you to some web pages which show
pictures of Geology. If the earth is less than 10 kyr, then the
geologic column must be deposited quite rapidly or created in place.
That means you have either a God who makes up animals who never lived
and thus is deceptive, or you have to beleive in a global flood. There
are lots of problems with that. We can't post pictures to this list so
I will point you to my web page on geology which has links to lots of
pictures in geology which show exactly why the geology was not deposited
in one year. The site is http://home.entouch.net/dmd/geology.htm

The reasons for this included

burrows in all levels of the geologic column,

dried out mudcracks and desert deposits on all levels of the geologic
column,

foot prints and trails on all levels of the geologic column,

erosion of very hard rocks (like 35 km of hard igneous rock eroded in
Scotland).

buried river channels

buried canyons

plants growing in many levels of the geologic column

too many animals for a single biosphere to have been killed in a flood

evidence of normal activities, like animals going to the bathroom over a
long period of time--otherwise you have to assume they all took a dump
at once.

Take a look and explain the geology, Vernon. this is the stuff which the
YEC leadership never wants the laity to see. And there are pictures for
it all. The reason why people still believe in a young earth is because
they won't look at geology.