Overpopulation is the problem -- not oil

From: wallyshoes <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 23:54:15 EDT

There is an interesting article in the July issue of Physics today. I
like it because it supports a view that I have put forth to Glenn in the
post. The basic problem is too many people, and any increase in energy
will not solve that. Only by limiting population growth can we ever
expect to avoid total misery in the world.

The article shows the drop in oil production much more dramatically then
what I recall from Glenn's posts.

I would post the article but Physics Today does not allow that. I
encourage others to get a copy and read it.

Walt

--
Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>