RE: How to interpret Adam (was: Re: Kerkut)

From: Plowman, Guy (ELSLON) <G.Plowman@elsevier.com>
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 10:08:55 EST

Just a question (is this the easiest way to respond to the list or should I
just use the asa address?):

I have been following this discussion with interest. I must confess that I
am still unsure of the nature of the biblical creation account though I do
believe it to be the inerrant word of God and do see the text as an
historical account.

My question: If Adam and Eve weren't historical figures, then how can Jesus
be descended from them in a meaningful way? Isn't the whole life, death and
resurrection of Jesus related to the fact that he is descended from Adam?
If I am not descended from Adam, how have my sins been atoned for in the way
the bible says?

Sorry this is now more like three questions but they are all the same in
essence.

Thanks, Guy Plowman.