A new development in renewable fuels

From: William Hamilton <whamilton51@comcast.net>
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 19:20:09 EST

The following article details a new reactor developed at the University
of MN that converts ethyl alchohol into hydrogen. It's much smaller
than previous such devices -- small enough that it could be installed
in a home. I haven't read it thoroughly, so I can't tell how pure the
feedstock has to be. And that's important, since it takes energy to
isolate alcohol. Also, of course it takes fertilizer to raise the corn
from which the alcohol is made. But perhaps this is a small part of an
eventual solution.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2004-02/uom-nrp020904.php

Bill Hamilton Rochester, MI 248 652 4148