Re: New Book: Out of Gas

From: Gary Collins <gwcollins@algol.co.uk>
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 08:53:30 EST

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 05:22:08 -0500, asa-digest wrote:

>From: "Al Koop" <koopa@gvsu.edu>
>Subject: New Book: Out of Gas

Thanks for the interesting reviews. I hope the book makes
an impact on those who are in the position to make a real
difference, policy-makers, etc., but also that we all may
become more aware and less wasteful.

The following article appeared in the BBC news today:
"Cornwall at hub of wave power"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/3477639.stm

I suspect that this is more an effort to reduce pollution than
a response to perceived future shortage. Even so, it shows
that alternatives are at least being sought. Whether they
will prove adequate remains to be seen.

/Gary