RE: The Missing Day

From: Stephen J. Krogh, P.G. <panterragroup@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 18:04:53 EST

Hi Jay,

If you liked that one, how about this one:

Scientists drilling in Siberia punch through to Hell!!

"Geologists working somewhere in remote Siberia had drilled a hole some 14.4
kilometers deep (about 9 miles) when the drill bit suddenly began to rotate
wildly. A Mr. Azzacov (identified as the project's manager) was quoted as
saying they decided that the center of the earth was hollow.
"Supposedly, the geologists measured temperatures of over 2,000 degrees in
the deep hole. They lowered super sensitive microphones to the bottom of the
well, and to their astonishment they heard the sounds of thousands, perhaps
millions, of suffering souls screaming."

You can view a lot of these hoaxes at:
http://www.snopes.com/religion/religion.asp

The one you posted is one of the old ones that has been around since the
30's in some form or another. The version you have presented has been around
since the 1960s. I am curious, is this the first time you have encountered
it? How was this presented to you?

Steve