Re: Pejudice? Cowardice? Re: A Peace Proposal

From: gordon brown <gbrown@euclid.colorado.edu>
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 21:05:24 EST

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004, wallyshoes wrote:

> You may agree with George Murphy on YECs, but agreement does not make your
> position correct. What you need to do is present a case that is sufficiently
> compelling to convince a YEC. If you could present one, I'd be happy to carry it
> forward at my church. So far the arguments I hear are not compelling enough for
> me to contest the YEC viewpoint Im have presented ----- and I am not talking
> about debating the voodoo science of ICR.
>
> Do you have the persuasive argument or not?

You can't use science to refute the notion that any scientific observation
might be an illusion. YECs claim to believe the Bible. That is what you
have to use to debate this point. Don't such passages as Rom. 1:20 and
Psalm 19:1 endorse the idea that we can make true conclusions by observing
God's creation?

Gordon Brown
Department of Mathematics
University of Colorado