Re: Four items of possible controversy

From: Sarah Berel-Harrop (sec@hal-pc.org)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 14:32:04 EST

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:58:53 -0700
      John W Burgeson <jwburgeson@juno.com> wrote:
    >First of all, I see on the Texas Freedom Network site (www.tfn.org)
    >that
    >after all the flak in Texas about the biology textbooks, the
    >"responsible" side (i.e. my position <G>)" prevailed -- on a
    >unanimous
    >vote -- to certify 14 texts which DO NOT include the teaching of "the
    >fallacies of evolution."

    The vote was actually 11 - 4 to approve the books as conforming.
    If you are in the Houston area, you may be interested to watch
    "The Connection" on PBS tonight - Ray Bohlin, Ide Trotter, and
    two of the "pro-evolution" people will be on the show. It is
    interesting to me that DI put a press release out on the
    financial newswires calling themselves "textbook reformers"
    and declaring partial victory. Two things about this strategy.
    One, the immense spin they put on things is of interest.

    Two, the choice of how to disseminate information - ie,
    their chosen audience. Not longer content to simply place
    the press release on their website, they are releasing it
    on yahoo to the investment community.