RE: Darwinian and non-Darwinian (was Re: RFEP & ID)

From: Alexanian, Moorad (alexanian@uncw.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 12:04:01 EDT

    One ought not to use examples that use non-scientific or nonphysical
    terms such as the term "wrong." The latter has no scientific meaning. A
    better example is how one interprets data collected by purely physical
    devices. Say a click is heard in a counter, how does one infer that it
    is an electron rather than a photon. In such a case, the creator of the
    detector knows what makes it click and that may be an assumption based
    on some theoretical presupposition or interpretation but is goes without
    saying that that is the way we know or learn in science.

    Moorad