RE: Darwinian and non-Darwinian (was Re: RFEP & ID)

From: Dr. Blake Nelson (bnelson301@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 10:19:49 EDT

    What a novel, literal approach to the phrase.

    If a plane crashes, *something* went wrong. The crash
    (the thing) speaks for itself that something went
    wrong.

    What exactly went wrong is a different matter and
    beside the point for the use of the phrase, because it
    is generally used in liability contexts where someone
    bears the risk of the failure, unless they can show
    that *something else* was responsible.

    A little context is usually a good thing to avoid
    confusion.