Re: Darwinian and non-Darwinian (was Re: RFEP & ID)

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Sep 28 2003 - 14:19:08 EDT

    Jay Willingham wrote:

    > The law has a saying, "res ipsa loquitor", e.g. "the thing speaks for
    > itself".
    >
    > To say that man was not made in the image of God and is merely a random
    > product of natural laws over time gives a mighty tool or proof to those who
    > declare their race of men or their level of intelligence/reasoning speed as
    > rightfully dominant of other races or mental capacities.

    I have a lot of trouble with this statement by Christians. Who are you, Jay, to
    say that God may NOT use evolution to create mankind. Have you decided to play
    good, yourself?. Worst yet, who are you to call it a "random product"? Are you
    an atheist? If not, then why are you talking like one and parroting their
    stupid propaganda?.

    God may, if He chooses, use evolution to create. God is sovereign and does not
    leave his creation to random chance.

    You have a perfect right to believe in direct creation. However, you have no
    right to criticize the technique that may well have been chosen by God to
    effect his creation.

    Walt

    Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>

    In any consistent theory, there must