Re: Darwinian and non-Darwinian (was Re: RFEP & ID)

From: Dawsonzhu@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 28 2003 - 08:00:52 EDT

    Michael Roberts wrote:

    > Why it should baffles me as Darwin was such a well-meaning caring and moral
    > person, who happened not to be a Christian.
    > Consider his care for animals; picking upa nd saving a toad lost on the
    > Menai Bridge in Wales
    > storming out of a sheepdog trial because of cruelty to dogs (what would he
    > do at a rodeo)
    >
    > Care for people; his abhorrence of slavery and mistreatment of blacks (how
    > come he's charged with racism?)
    > support of chimney sweep boys, South American Missionary Society and many
    > good causes.
    >
    > Why - he was more moral than most Christians.

    On particularly dark days, I have been inclined to wonder if God supports
    atheists in this world to mock the foolish and arrogant pride of us
    Christians.
    We (Christians) sometimes seem to think we have a monopoly on morality.
    But what I realize is this is utter hogwash. It is only by God's Grace we
    have
    any hope to do things right. The hard lessons the Lord teachs us on humility
    are probably there for a reason. To be Christian is to recognize that we are
    morally bankrupt and in humility, to recognize that even though we are
    sinners,
    the Lord has still welcomed us home and given us a second, third, ..... 70x7
    chances to do better next time. It might help if we see our place in that
    seat. But we are oh so thick headed.

    Who was actually justified when he came to pray in the temple anyway?

    By Grace alone we proceed,
    Wayne