Re: Darwinian and non-Darwinian (was Re: RFEP & ID)

From: Sarah Berel-Harrop (sec@hal-pc.org)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 15:22:37 EDT

    On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:52:00 -0700
      "Jim Armstrong" <jarmstro@qwest.net> wrote:
    >I have had the same trouble in conversations with folks who use
    >"Darwinist" and had a related question. It seems like Darwinism
    >should refer to natural selection and survival of the fittest (or
    >better adapted) - evolution as Darwin saw it.

    There's an itty bitty book (1100 p) by some joker named Gold, maybe?
    that devotes a great deal of time on the subject. He goes
    through the idea of how far you have diverge from the beginning
    of the lineage and still be considered a member. So does he
    keep kosher when he eats a cheeseburger ... after a philosopher
    named Hull, he says ...

    Anyone besides me reading this book? I am thinking of doing
    outlines of the various chapters as I get through them and
    putting them up for discussion, anyone interested in discussing
    this book?