Re: RFEP & ID

From: Steve Petermann (steve@spetermann.org)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 09:37:31 EDT

    Don wrote:

    I have gained the impression that if anyone can develop an ID scientific
    research program then Mike will be the one to do it. However, he is
    obviously
    not a typical ID proponent of the Johnson-Behe-Dembski variety.
    <<<<<<<<<<

    I agree that Mike's attitude is what is needed. However, although Dembski
    is obviously contentious at times, the following statement is, imo, an
    example of the attitude that true theorists adopt. Will the Darwinians make
    the same statement?

    Dembski wrote:

    http://www.discovery.org/viewDB/index.php3?program=CRSC%20Responses&command=
    view&id=1256
    If evolutionary biologists can discover or construct detailed, testable,
    indirect Darwinian pathways that account for the emergence of irreducibly
    and minimally complex biological systems like the bacterial flagellum, then
    more power to them--intelligent design will quickly pass into oblivion.

    Steve Petermann