Re: Creationists Running for School Board

From: John W Burgeson (jwburgeson@juno.com)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 18:05:54 EDT

    >>f he and his camp were to disavow the YECs, what would be gained?
    Would
    the scientific establishment suddenly warm up to ID? Would they cease
    calling ID advocates, "intelligent design creationists," in an effort to
    dismiss their arguments without engaging them?>>

    1. They'd gain my respect, at least. And probably a lot of others on this
    list. And the YECs would lose a significant supporter, and thereby become
    weaker, and less able to do significant damage.

    2. No. But the POSSIBILITY (over a period of time) would exist. It does
    not exist now. I think that amazed my friend Phil Johnson -- you remember
    he even started out a LISTSERV under the ASA banner to promote his views.

    3. I think that kind of labelling might taper off.

    Burgy

    www.burgy.50megs.com

    Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!