Re: YEC Invasion

From: John W Burgeson (jwburgeson@juno.com)
Date: Sat Sep 20 2003 - 14:00:59 EDT

    Josh wrote: "One troubling aspect for me
    was that they felt that the particular rhetorical strategy of Ken Ham
    (which
    uses the word evolution in the place of methodological naturalistic
    atheism)
    was not out of place due to the mass perception of what evolution means."

    This tactic was also evident in the YEC talk today by Sebeny. By
    committing the fallacy of the excluded middle, he, like Ham, presents the
    audience with the choice of "accept God or accept evolution."

    To me, it is a reprehensible act not to clearly define words when you
    KNOW that they have multiple meanings.

    Burgy

    www.burgy.50megs.com

    Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!