Re: My daughter is a YEC

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 14:00:16 EDT

    John W Burgeson wrote:

    > At our fairly conservative Presbyterian church in Durango, we will be
    > studying another post modernist, Spong, this fall. His book, Why
    > Christianity Must Change, or Die, is, of course, provocative. I expect we
    > will, both collectively and individually, take issue with much Spong
    > argues. But that is one way to learn.

    I have to agree with Burgy (which I do not do 100% of the time) on this
    point. It is always nice to read things that support one's own point view but
    that is not far afield of drinking one's own bath water. (disgusting
    thought). Although I do not like writings like Spong but that is one way to
    learn some things which which I really disagree.

    Burgy also has often said many nice things about some not very admirable
    people. That is just his nature. and does not necessarily convey any factual
    data.

    IMO

    Walt

    Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>