Re: Evolution and Salvation

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. (dfsiemensjr@juno.com)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 15:57:19 EDT

    What seems to me to be overlooked in this matter is that, unless one
    adopts deism, God is involved. This holds in traditional theology, open
    theology and process theology. In none of them is God required to move
    things demonstrably. Somebody earlier noted that the lot is supposedly
    random, yet its outcome is in God's hands. There are, of course, some
    versions of theism that argue that God's hand _must_ be evident in
    miraculous interventions. ID and YEC (for the most part) fit this
    pattern. Apart from such direct manifestations of divine power, they
    adopt a deistic view of the universe's inherent powers. What I've
    encountered in OEC argues that God has acted many times, but not that his
    hand must be obvious in events.

    The question seems to me to be: Do you accept God's direction is all
    aspects of the universe he created and sustains?
    Dave