Re: My daughter is a YEC -- omphalos argument, "YEC"

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Sep 13 2003 - 19:27:48 EDT

    Nomenclature, &c.
    Sender: asa-owner@lists.calvin.edu

    It seems to me to be quite incorrect to equate so called "Creation
    Science" with the average person who happens to believe that Young
    Earth Creation is the truth. I believe that the statistics show
    that most Christians hold the YEC view. I know a number of them
    and none of them subscribe to that as a "Christian Doctrine". If
    they did they would not be in our church.

    There is always the danger of people like Gish and Morris sneaking
    in with pseudo science that could fool an average person. They are
    the one's to attack..

    Giving bad press to YECs in general does more harm than good in my
    opinion. It can easily turn then into an adversary who looks to
    "scientists" to prove you wrong. It can easily do exactly the
    opposite of what you intend.

    My daughter is YEC and she is a wonderful Christian Woman. I think
    that the sample space on this list may be highly skewed.

    Walt