Re: The Bible

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 13:20:40 EDT

    In a message dated 9/11/03 11:59:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
    deborahjmann@insightbb.com writes:

    > My understanding of the Old Testament is that the evidence is not so strong,
    > however, again, the score for these books would be curve breakers.
    >
    > Comments?

    The problem with the Old testament is its age and the number of redactors.
    The Pentateuch was redacted in Solomon's time for the establishment of the
    Temple sacrifical system (see Genesis 14:18-20 - a probable interpolation
    legitimizing the sacrificial system in Jerusalem through Melchizedek - a
    pretripartite mythical figure) and again by Ezra as part of the reestablishment of the
    sacrificial system in Jerusalem at the end of the Babylonian exile.

    rich