RE: An interesting Poll from Zogby

From: Alexanian, Moorad (alexanian@uncw.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 10:10:03 EDT

    It is clear that an analogous opinion poll for any theory in physics, say, quantum mechanics would make no sense, viz.

    5. Which of the following two statements comes closer to your own opinion?
    A: Physics teachers should teach only Quantum Mechanics and the scientific evidence that supports it.
    B: Physics teachers should teach Quantum Mechanics, but also the scientific evidence against it.

    Doesn't this tell us the great difference between Quantum Mechanics as a theory and Darwin's theory of evolution, whatever form we take of it? The latter is more likely a purely materialistic description of the whole of nature; whereas quantum mechanics is clearly a description only of the physical aspect of nature.

    Moorad