Serious Problems?

From: richard@biblewheel.com
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 14:09:46 EDT

    In post http://www.calvin.edu/archive/asa/200309/0140.html Glen Morton wrote:

    If your assumption is true--i.e. that MWH gives rise to ESP and ESP is true,
    then I would have to ultimately agree with Steve Bishop that Christianity
    then has serious problems.

    Now this is really getting good. Glen is suggesting that we take the highly controversial and largely unsupported idea of ESP as support for the thoroughly speculative Many Worlds HYPOTHESIS to establish that Chrisianity has serious problems?

    If you would allow me a little levity, I would suggest that the word "serious" appears seriously out of place here!

    But seriously, ESP could both predicted by MWH and and found to be true, with MHW being false. But that doesn't matter anyway. Nothing in the MWH could even begin suggest a serious problem with Christianity. It is thoroughly and completely hypothetical. And even if true, it tells us absolutely nothing about the *identity* of the mislabeled "copies" of selves in the alternate universes. The conversation may be interesting to some folks here, but I can't help but question its value as serious theology.

    On the other hand, I have a kerygma that blazes like the noontime sun in a cloudless sky. Why not engage me on this? I have clarity of thought, a thousand articles published online, endless energy to engage anyone who will give me a moment's time. And even if I have erred here or there, I am certain that the bulk of my work will stand, since no one has ever even suggested a fundamental flaw or systematic error in my research.

    What could be simpler than sevenfold symmetric perfection? The word of God revealed as a perfect Circle, symmetrically subdivided according to the ancient structure of the tri-radiant halo used to indicate diety in Christian iconography, with the line of bilateral symmetry dividing between the Aleph and Tav, the first and last letters of the Hebrew alphabet, the very sign and seal of Almighty God?

    What brighter light could God shine upon us? Is anyone on this list able to even suggest a better geometric design for God's Eternal Word? I mean this as a serious question. Can anyone on this list sit down right now and design their own "Bible" with a structure superior to that which we find in God's Holy Bible?

    If the answer is no, then it means that the structure of the 66 book canon is in some sense optimal.

    We know that such an optimal structure probably did not arise by chance.

    We know that such an optimal structure probably was not deliberately designed by any human or group of humans. It was, after all, only discovered at the end of the 20th century.

    So how did it get here?

    This is a *serious* question I would like to discuss on this board.

    In service of Christ Jesus, the Light of the World,

    Richard
    Discover the sevenfold symmetric perfection of the Holy Bible at http://www.BibleWheel.com