Unreliable Texts

From: bivalve (bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com)
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 19:35:48 EDT

    >I note that many people associated with forms of religious scepticism obtain their information about religion and science history from internet sources that simply reprint the old bad sources, such as AD White's infamous book that has been so strongly rejected by professional historians. Indeed, if you do an online search it isn't hard to find that book--and it's instructive to see where you can find it!<

    One occurrence of White's book that I have not figured out is its presence in a CD of assorted Christian references available from CBD. Perhaps it was something available without copyright that appeared relevant to Christianity; perhaps someone thought it was a good example of the evils of science; perhaps someone thought it was a good example of the evils of religion. It is a handy negative example.

        Dr. David Campbell
        Old Seashells
        University of Alabama
        Biodiversity & Systematics