RE: MHW - a different theological deduction

From: Alexanian, Moorad (alexanian@uncw.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 07 2003 - 11:49:44 EDT

    One ought to be careful in the use of words. For instance, “If quantum is the simplest explanation of the world consistent with the observed facts.” This statement is not at all accurate. Quantum mechanics is a theory of the physical aspect of reality not of the world. The statement “observed facts” includes not only the data used to define the subject matter of science, data collected by purely physical devices, but also data collected by conscious, rational beings that are not accessible to purely physical devices. Therefore, if one is doing unadulterated science, then that science has nothing whatsoever to do with religion. If a supposedly physical theory has religious implications, then that theory is not purely scientific but has been adulterated with extraneous assumptions.

    Moorad