Re: Van Till's Ultimate Gap

From: Howard J. Van Till (hvantill@chartermi.net)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 13:08:17 EDT

    Following are responses to a few selected observations by Josh.

    >From: "Josh Bembenek" <jbembe@hotmail.com>

    > -I don't see how this gets away from infinite historical time.

    > . . . . Again, my problem is with the whole time thing, but you're definitely
    > straining the limits of my imagination here.

    Help me understand why "infinite historical time" represents a problem to
    you.

    > I don't know that I find it
    > appealing to say that God's essence depends on something, it simply IS.

    But if it is essential to God's nature to be related to A World, then what
    is problematic about positing the co-existence of A World? Even Aquinas was
    willing to withhold theological objection to the existence of a world
    eternally dependent on God for its being.

    Howard Van Till