Re: Van Till's Ultimate Gap

From: Richard.Kouchoo@firstdata.com.au
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 03:35:29 EDT

    >>>Though Hawking is an atheist, I think he is perhaps making the point
    that
    there are some things for which we may not expect to find a naturalistic
    explanation. It just IS, and from there we enter the realm of
    philosophy/theology/metaphysics, or whatever. The maths tells us HOW, but
    it doesn't tell us WHY.<<<

    It is regrettable to see atheists (which by definition are hardcore
    materialists) even contemplating the question _why_, as Hawkins does.
    Why, _why_ must surely be meaningless to a hardened materialist!

    "Iain Strachan" <iain.strachan.asa@ntlworld.com>@lists.calvin.edu on
    03/09/2003 04:49:04 PM

    Sent by: asa-owner@lists.calvin.edu