Re: Student perceptions re evolution

From: John W Burgeson (jwburgeson@juno.com)
Date: Mon Sep 01 2003 - 11:46:44 EDT

    >>Perhaps what is common to both is the misconception that a person has
    only
    those two choices. A large and interesting array of other options gets
    far
    less attention that it deserves. (e.g., positions like the fully-gifted
    creation perspective, minimal naturalism, naturalistic theism, .....)>>

    What really bothers me, I suspect, is that both have been good friends of
    many (> 40) years, both are highly intelligent men (one -- the atheist,
    retired as a VP of Ingersol-Rand -- the other -- the KJV fundamentalist ,
    retired from a position as Director of Computers at a large university.
    And I have had absolutely NO success in getting either of them to even
    acknowledge that other positions are intellectually respectable.

    Burgy

    www.burgy.50megs.com

    Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!