My daughter is a YEC

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 20:13:47 EDT

    This is a subject that I broached many months ago. It still holds true. My
    daughter is still a YEC and she does not think that it is a defining
    issue to be
    a Christian. She knows my basic beliefs on that score and we both respect each
    other's viewpoint. I think that a YEC outlook is as good as many of the pompous
    viewpoints and unsubstantiated "science" often presented on this list.

    Why some on this list have to make it a life or death (theist or atheist) issue
    is beyond me.

    I think that Henry Morris and the ilk are scientific charlatans but that does
    not excuse the polarizing attitude of many on this list. Many act as though
    science is the only honourable profession in the world. Why should a lawyer,
    mill worker, or anyone else respect the arrogant opinions of this list just
    because "PhD" can be tacked on after most our names --- pray tell?

    Walt

    --
    Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>