Re: Student perceptions re evolution

From: John W Burgeson (jwburgeson@juno.com)
Date: Sat Aug 30 2003 - 10:47:18 EDT

    Blake wrote, in part: " My point was that in my experience, it is most
    often violated by those with atheistic views alloyed with an intense
    dislike of organized religion. I have seen it repeatedly in classrooms
    and on faculties."

    Thanks for the clarification, Blake. We are (mostly) on the same page.

    In 54 years since high school, I have been in academic atmospheres only
    10. In those 10 years I did not encounter such people. Maybe I have been
    lucky. I have encountered three such people in my business (government
    physicist and IBM) career either. One, a dedicated YEC Christian as a
    youth, remains an atheist to this day. Another, once a very sarcastic
    client of mine at IBM, is now a fundamentalist Christian. Go figure.

    Burgy

    www.burgy.50megs.com

    Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!