volunteers needed for interviews

From: Ted Davis (TDavis@messiah.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 12:03:59 EDT

    It's that time of year once again, when I solicit volunteers to be
    interviewed about science and Christian faith. Those who have done this
    before know what to expect. For those who have not, this is what happens.

    If you volunteer, you may be contacted (not everyone is) by one senior
    science major from Messiah. The student will ask you several questions
    about your life story, including your interest in science and your faith
    journey. You will also be asked about how you put these two parts of your
    life together: in short, how you see science as a Christian vocation.

    Volunteers should be Christians, and in one of the following areas: natural
    sciences (incl. environmental science), medicine, engineering, or
    mathematics. In rare cases I allow others to be interviewed--if they know a
    great deal about science/faith issues. Persons on this list are usually
    well qualified to be interviewed.

    I need no more than 15 volunteers this fall, and I expect to need a similar
    number in mid-January (when I will make another solicitation). I take steps
    to ensure that no one is interviewed more than once in a given year.

    If you wish to participate, please contact me *off board*:
    tdavis@messiah.edu.

    Many thanks in advance to those who volunteer,

    ted