Re: Fibbonacci and other mathematical patterns in shells

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. (dfsiemensjr@juno.com)
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 14:29:28 EDT

    Moorad,
    I fear you've missed the point. First, an electron is natural, that is,
    it turns up in nature all over the place. Further, so far as I can
    determine, no one has discovered it to have a complex structure. Second,
    a brick is not as complicated as a house. Indeed, an unskilled individual
    can make bricks. A brick-making machine and gas-fired kiln are more
    complicated and need to be designed by engineers. And a modern house
    requires, as a minimum, the efforts of skilled workmen and, usually, an
    architect. ID sets out a criterion for complexity, arbitrarily. Since you
    have not accepted that dogmatic qualification, you cannot recognize the
    distinction. Toe the line and you'll get it.
    Dave