Re: different thread

From: Ted Davis (TDavis@messiah.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 10:47:30 EDT

    Sheila's question about death before the fall, as I've said often here and
    elsewhere, is IMO the *central* theological question concerning origins. (I
    mean by this that theodicy in general, including the traditional way of
    phrasing it in terms of the fall, is the central question. Others may of
    course see this differently.)

    The question as she put it, simply won't go away. I note its presence in
    just her way of stating it, on the current program of the European Creation
    Sociey meeting:

    http://www.genesis-vus.se/8thecc/programme.html

    I've written some historical things about this question in an essay about
    to come out in a book from Eerdmans, Perspectives on an Evolving Creation,
    edited by our own Keith Miller (many thanks for the tireless effort,
    Keith).

    Some other essays also deal partly with that question, and other related
    questions. For details on the book, go here:
    http://www.eerdmans.com/shop/product.asp?p_key=0802805124

    ted