Re: Response to Wally Hicks post made June 12th

From: John W Burgeson (jwburgeson@juno.com)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 18:27:15 EDT

    Wally mentioned: " In the church I attend, gay, lesbian and
    unmarried couples would not be allowed to join the church until the
    behaviour
    was changed. "

    Can they attend services? I hope so.

    Do you ask people who are joining if they "qualify" under your
    restrictions? Do you ask an engaged couple whether or not they are
    sleeping together?

    Do you prohibit people who gossip, or habitually drive too fast, or maybe
    get drunk sometimes, or . whatever .. from joining?

    You must have either a pretty small church or one where the actions of
    members are not looked at too closely.

    <G>

    Peace.

    John Burgeson (Burgy)